Pre-purchase structural building inspections are provided when only an assessment of the structure is required.
The inspection comprises of a visual assessment of the property, to identify major defects to the accessible areas of the buildings structure.
Pre-purchase structural building inspections are a basic inspection to determine structure faults with a property. The following items are generally not included:
• General maintenance issues.
• Serviceability damp issues such as stormwater drainage or condensation issues.
• Any area that was not accessible.
• Any non-structural elements, eg: windows, doors, general gas, plumbing, electrical wiring, fencing, non-structural damp issues, floor coverings, painting, tiling etc.
• Damp issues such as rising or lateral damp should only be reported on where structural damage has occurred, may occur or is occurring at the time of inspection.
WHAT IS ACCESSED IN A STRUCTURAL BUILDING REPORT?
The areas inspected are:
• The building’s interior
• The building’s exterior
• The roof cavity
• The sub-floor
As per Australian standard AS 4349.1 – Inspection of buildings requirements, structures and/or outbuildings located within 30 m of the building are all accessed.
The purpose of this report is purely to identify structural defects. These defects are categorised as major defects in the report, which the client then typically negotiates with the seller regarding rectification works and/or a lower purchase price.
Structural reports are also beneficial for existing home owner concerned over cracking or movement related issues. Why should you have a building inspection conducted prior to purchase. Find out here.
ABOUT YOUR MASTER BUILDING INSPECTOR
Are you in the market for a new property in Melbourne? Before you rush into anything, it’s important to know that the building inspection industry is unregulated. There are no minimum qualifications required to become a pre-purchase building inspector in Melbourne, which means that just about anyone can claim to be an expert.
Don’t get duped by these “mum and dad” inspectors who lack any real-world experience or knowledge. Always make sure to ask about an inspector’s qualifications and experience before you engage their services. And don’t just take their word for it – it’s essential to do your due diligence and check their credentials thoroughly.
At the end of the day, it’s your investment and your future on the line. So don’t leave anything to chance – trust only qualified and experienced inspectors to ensure that your new property is everything you’ve been dreaming of.
• Master Building Inspectors franchisees are all experienced builders, registered with the Victorian Building Authority.
• All inspectors are highly trained in the inspection and reporting process.
• We are members of the Housing Industry Association.
• Every MBI building inspector holds full professional indemnity & public liability insurances.
Melbourne Master Building Inspectors are a team of building experts specialising in structural building inspections to give you peace of mind and the confidence to make informed decisions.
Our reports are more than just easy to read and straightforward – they provide detailed recommendations for repairs and maintenance to keep your property in tip-top shape. And with our fast service, you won’t have to wait long to receive your report – we guarantee to email it to you within 24 hours of each inspection.
So why wait? Contact us today at 1300 852 496 to make all the necessary arrangements to access your potential property with just a few days’ notice. We’ll provide the advice and guidance you need to navigate the property market. Contact Building inspections Melbourne today.