NCC/BCA non-compliance issues
The build is assessed for compliance with the National Construction Code
Australian Standards non-compliance issues
Checked for compliance with the relevant Australian Standard requirements
Plans & engineering specification requirements
Checked for compliance with the approved plans
We ensure the build is finished to the required standard.
NEW CONSTRUCTION DEFECTS COMMONLY IDENTIFIED BY OUR BUILDING INSPECTORS
During the construction of a new property, Master Building Inspectors note all sorts of defects during the inspection stages.
These commonly include:
- Incorrect slab levelness and set out.
- Wall frames out of level.
- Defective brickwork – incorrect bed joint & perpend sizes, walls bowing, lintels incorrect sizes.
- Missing weep holes & cavity flashings.
- Poor installation of windows.
- Doors inadequately sealed, incorrect clearance between door & frame.
- Damage/chips & dents to external window & door frames.
- Poor application of paintwork.
- Skirting, architraves & cornice - bowed/out of alignment.
- Incorrect waterproofing to wet areas/shower recesses.
- Wall & floor tiles - grout poorly installed.
- Poorly installed ceiling insulation.
- Dents & scratches to sheet metal roofing.
- Cracked/chipped roofing tiles.
- Incorrect installation of roof flashings.
- Poor installation of door locks & latches.
ABOUT YOUR MASTER BUILDING INSPECTOR
There is currently no minimum qualification to conduct new construction staged building inspections in Melbourne, aside from building surveyors.
It is always recommended to ask the qualifications and/or experience of an inspector prior to engaging their services. Checking your building inspectors credentials is highly recommended.
Unfortunately there are many mum and dad inspectors operating in Melbourne, who have no prior experience in the building industry.
• Master Building Inspectors franchisees are all experienced builders, registered with the Victorian Building Authority.
• All inspectors are highly trained in the inspection and reporting process.
• We are members of the Housing Industry Association.
• Every MBI building inspector holds full professional indemnity & public liability insurances.
Our reports are easy to read, straight forward and provide recommendations for repair. All building reports are typically emailed with 24 hours of each building inspection.
For all your new construction staged building inspection enquiries, contact us today on 1300 852 496.
We can provide advice and make the necessary arrangements to access the property with a few days’ notice.